Statement of compliance
Cardiff Harbour Authority complies with the standards laid down in the Port Marine Safety Code.
- Consulted widely with Harbour users and identified the main risks associated with the operation of the Harbour. We ranked and prioritised the risks, and ensured that appropriate risk control measures were recorded and in place.
- Identified further and evaluated options for reducing risks when the existing risk control measures do not appear to be adequate. This is an ongoing process with a view to introducing any further appropriate measures as soon as is practicable.
- Introduced a safety management system. This includes policies for emergency plans, conservancy, environment, management of navigation and marine services to ensure that risks continue to be identified, reviewed and reappraised in the light of operating experience.
- Made plans for audit by an independent designated person to confirm by report that the Authority complies with the requirements of the Code.
- Introduced byelaws, which are kept under review for relevance and efficacy.
- Published a Harbour Safety Policy (24KB PDF)
The County Council of the City and County of Cardiff in exercise of the powers conferred by Section 16 of the Cardiff Bay Barrage Act 1993, and now vested in it by agreement made under Section 165 of the Local Government Planning and Land Act 1980 makes the following byelaws: