Tombstoning and swimming are prohibited in Cardiff Bay.
Hidden objects are extremely dangerous and cold water shock can KILL. It only takes half a pint of water to enter your lungs to start drowning.
Dangers of swimming in open water include:
- The height of the fall or jump if tombstoning
- The depth of the water – this changes and is unpredictable in many places
- Submerged objects, which may or may not be visible
- Obstacles or other people in the water
- Boats and other water craft operating at speed which may not notice swimmers in the water
- The shock of cold water – it can make swimming and getting out of the water more difficult
- Uneven banks and river beds
- Underwater currents
Please follow our advice and DO NOT enter the water.
May 19, 2020 10:26 am.